Friday, 2 May 2014

TEL Explorer adventures #ocTEL

TEL Explorer adventures #ocTEL








I have done a lot of reflecting this week and have tried to 'listen' to posts in the reader and in the two groups I have joined on the ocTEL site. Bullet pointing my thoughts!

  • Week 0 is an inspired idea and naming it zero reassure us that we can explore safely
  • The statement during the webinar (Tweeted by Maren) that this is a course that we cannot fail and that there is no wrong way to approach the ocTEL MOOC is also reassuring ...
  • BUT I do find it difficult to take part in a course where I know I might be missing very useful ideas/content/conversations. It adds a time pressure to explore more than I should. I find that a source of dissatisfaction.
  • I am delighted to read that many motivated and technically able participants have also not complete MOOCs in the past - phew! I am not alone!
  • I love being in two small groups on the site - it's manageable and I hope will be fruitful.
  • I even started one of the groups, quite brave for me!
  • I need to find out how I know I've got my badges (quite motivating!) -  anew experience for me and something we are considering for our pre-university students who need to complete online courses such as welfare and esafety.

A good, thought-provoking week. Hope I manage to keep up


No comments:

Post a Comment